Harbingers of Chaos ver. 2

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harbingers of Chaos ver. 2

Randomly Random

4 posters

OUTPOST 2

Shark Sharkley
    Shark Sharkley
    Admin

OUTPOST 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: OUTPOST 2

Post by Shark Sharkley Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:33 pm

lolz u'll just have to tell me when i actually play
    Zorz
    Zorz

Post by Zorz Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:58 am

Or perhaps I could write a big ol' guide for the game on the forums here? I have nothing else to do at the moment. Hmm, I think I might actually, I'll just get a few screenshots of things in-game =].

I'll start with basics:

Vehicles and their commands:

Basics:
    Left click a vehicle to select it, right click to deselect it (same goes for buildings). The default action for all vehicles when you left click is to move it, unless it is a lynx/panther/tiger "tank", then it can also tell it to attack a non-allied/friendly vehicle or building.

Mobile Weapons:

Lynx is the lightest tank: Lightest armor, but also the fastest. It is the first thing you research.
    Panther is the medium tank: Medium armor, slower than lynx by a bit.. and nobody seems to like them at all.
    Tigers are the heaviest tank: They have the heaviest armor, slowest movement, but DUAL-TURRETS, so they usually fire about twice as fast as the other tanks.

Self Destruct:
    All vehicles also have the ability to self-destruct, so be sure not to hit "d" or the button, or else they'll go KABOOM. Why do they have this ability though, you might ask?
    I have found 2 reasons:
    -One, they can be used in a desperate last attempt to damage/destroy enemy vehicles/buildings, seeing as how they do damage to anything near-by when they self destruct.
    -Two, if you are going against a Plymouth opponent, you can have the vehicle self-destruct so it can't be captured by the enemy.

Headlights:
    All vehicles also have the ability to turn their headlights off. You can turn their headlights off by pressing this yellow(when headlights are on, otherwise the button is black) headlight button found in the upper-right of their commands menu thingy.
    When their headlights are off, they move slower, but when they are in the darkness of night, they also don't appear on the enemy minimap, making it a good tactic for SURPRISE ATTACKS!

But wait there's more!:
    There are a few vehicles that will become very important, but will be explained in further sections!
    Shark Sharkley
    Shark Sharkley
    Admin

Post by Shark Sharkley Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:09 am

u REALLY want me to play huh?
    Zorz
    Zorz

Post by Zorz Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:18 am

Yup yup.

Sponsored content